Topic: 1.79

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Multiple events can be bundled using the “Bundle Events” and “Unbundle Events” edit menu commands. Clicking an event that is part of a bundle will select all events in the bundle. Shortcut key is Ctrl+N.
    • Event muting can be toggled with shortcut key Ctrl+M.
    • Track lanes are now tinted with the color defined for the track. The amount of coloring can be defined with the “Track lane color opacity” setting in the tracks region properties.
    • Sound events placed on record enabled tracks are muted during recording. Previous behaviour was that old recording would play while being overwritten by the new recording.
    • Recording can be started from within punch-in/out range. Previously you had to start playback before the punch-in position to activate recording.
    • Minor engine optimizations of looping and audio recording.
    • The preferences option “Disable panel show/hide animations” now also disables the subpanel animations within the track inspector.
    • Fix: Replacing a plugin on a track would not always update the embedded plugin editor in the track inspector.
    darcyb62
    Participant

Nice update!!!

Conquistador
    Participant

Cheeeerz! πŸ™‚

Multiple events can be bundled using the “Bundle Events” and “Unbundle Events” edit menu commands. Clicking an event that is part of a bundle will select all events in the bundle. Shortcut key is Ctrl+N.

Bundle? Is this for stacking events on the same lane or something? Anyway I will check it out πŸ˜‰

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Bundle? Is this for stacking events on the same lane or something? Anyway I will check it out

I called it event bundle instead of event group, because the word group is so often used in connection with tracks. You can bundle any type of events, also across tracks. Note and point events can also be bundled. It’s a nice way to lock together a set of associated evens, so that you can just click one of the events and start dragging to move the entire bundle.

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

I called it event bundle instead of event group, because the word group is so often used in connection with tracks. You can bundle any type of events, also across tracks. Note and point events can also be bundled. It’s a nice way to lock together a set of associated evens, so that you can just click one of the events and start dragging to move the entire bundle.

Ok…that is quite cool 8) I was looking for something similar recently. This will make it far easier to move events around and as you said even on separate tracks.

The first time I tried it I could not make head or tail of it and assumed it was some sort of clip linking feature so I tried to adjust the fade of one event expecting it to also adjust the fade of another event I had bundled with it πŸ™‚

Makes sense now. Thanks.

I discovered something else not sure if it is a bug or not but if you…

1. Create a loop during playback (4 bars or so)

2. Let it loop once

3. Then deactivate the loop before it reaches the end

4. Reactivate the loop

5. Audio drops out.

I have not seen this in any previous version. Is this a bug?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

For example: You can bundle a sound or note sequence with any child automation curve sequences, and then collapse or hide the group of automation tracks. Moving the sound or note event will also move the bundled events on the hidden tracks.

Podianer
    Participant

WoW! 😯 What a nice update! Thanks Frits!

Sound events placed on record enabled tracks are muted during recording. Previous behaviour was that old recording would play while being overwritten by the new recording.

This bugged me sooooo long! Thanks for fixing this!

# Track lanes are now tinted with the color defined for the track. The amount of coloring can be defined with the “Track lane color opacity” setting in the tracks region properties.

Very nice addition to the gui.. I like the fact that we can change the amount coloring here!

Multiple events can be bundled using the “Bundle Events” and “Unbundle Events” edit menu commands. Clicking an event that is part of a bundle will select all events in the bundle. Shortcut key is Ctrl+N.

Useful feature!! Like it!

acousmod
    Participant

Hi,

I was away these last weeks : split at cursor, grouping, the new features are really wonderfull !
    If you continue like this, I will have nothing more to ask πŸ™

Concerning what you have called “bundles”, in all audio / graphic / video softwares it is called Group (Samplitude, Cubase, Vegas, Live, Reaper…). Don’t you think that it can cause some trouble to introduce a new term for a well known feature ?
    Whatever, it is great to have it !
    There is only one option that is missing : the possibility to select one or several clips that are part of a group and remove them from it (“Remove from Group” in Vegas or Reaper).

Something that become more and more urgent, for me, is the need of custom keyboard (and mouse) shortcuts.
    For example, the possibility to split, group, mute, lock events with the single key I want instead of the key combination you have set would make a huge difference for me.
    And according to what I see around me, the possibility to have the same key commands from one DAW to another could make people easier to use Podium…

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Concerning what you have called “bundles”, in all audio / graphic / video softwares it is called Group (Samplitude, Cubase, Vegas, Live, Reaper…). Don’t you think that it can cause some trouble to introduce a new term for a well known feature ?

Maybe. As I said earlier, “Groups” in Podium are more associated with track groups. Anyone else think that “Group Events” is better than “Bundle Events”?

There is only one option that is missing : the possibility to select one or several clips that are part of a group and remove them from it (“Remove from Group” in Vegas or Reaper).

Select the bundle. Unbundle (Ctrl+N). Ctrl+click to deselect the events you don’t want in the bundle. Bundle again (Ctrl+N).

acousmod
    Participant

Select the bundle. Unbundle (Ctrl+N). Ctrl+click to deselect the events you don’t want in the bundle. Bundle again (Ctrl+N).

Of course…
    Nothing simpler ?
    It is a rather tricky solution πŸ™

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@acousmod wrote:

Of course…
    Nothing simpler ?
    It is a rather tricky solution πŸ™

How would you want it simpler? You need to select the events you don’t want in the bundle anyway, and this way you don’t need a dedicated “remove from bundle” menu.

acousmod
    Participant

How would you want it simpler?

For example, to remove one clip from a group : I could only have to right click it and select “remove”, or even select it and press the corresponding key command.
    With the workaround that you describe, I have to select the group, right click and choose “unbundle” (or the key command), then Ctrl-click the clip I want to ungroup and re-apply the key command, with the danger to accidentally click somewhere and deselect the clips that were part of the group and having to re-select each of them. I know by experience that this scenario can happend in the action !

So I will of course live with the current option, but, if you whish at some point to add one more option do “remove from group”, I suppose that some people (like me) will appreciate. Less steps to do something is always a good point. πŸ˜‰

soundquist
    Participant

@Conquistador wrote:

I discovered something else not sure if it is a bug or not but if you…

1. Create a loop during playback (4 bars or so)

2. Let it loop once

3. Then deactivate the loop before it reaches the end

4. Reactivate the loop

5. Audio drops out.

I have not seen this in any previous version. Is this a bug?

Another variant:

1. Create a loop.

2. Let it loop. Deactivate the loop during playback.

3. Audio drops out when the cursor reaches the end of the (now deactivated) loop.

/SQ

soundquist
    Participant

@acousmod wrote:

How would you want it simpler?

With the workaround that you describe, I have to select the group, right click and choose “unbundle” (or the key command), then Ctrl-click the clip I want to ungroup and re-apply the key command, with the danger to accidentally click somewhere and deselect the clips that were part of the group and having to re-select each of them. I know by experience that this scenario can happend in the action !

The bundle seems like a really great feature, but I agree with acousmod about the above.

The risk of losing the whole bundle seems not far away, with the current way of doing things.

Perhaps it would be a solution if Ctrl-click would de-select individual events from a bundle, instead of the whole bundle. It would then be possible just to press Ctrl-N to create a new bundle without the de-selected events.

Tha backside of this is of course that it would be impossible to “add” several bundles together with Ctrl-click.

/SQ

acousmod
    Participant

Perhaps it would be a solution if Ctrl-click would de-select individual events from a bundle, instead of the whole bundle. It would then be possible just to press Ctrl-N to create a new bundle without the de-selected events.

I think that it is how it works actually, no ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘1.79’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave