Topic: 1.79

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
    soundquist
    Participant

@acousmod wrote:

Perhaps it would be a solution if Ctrl-click would de-select individual events from a bundle, instead of the whole bundle. It would then be possible just to press Ctrl-N to create a new bundle without the de-selected events.

I think that it is how it works actually, no ?

Well, my idea, which may or may not not be a good idea at all, was something like this:

1. Select a previously created bundle by clicking on one of its events.

2. De-select the events you want to remove from the bundle with Ctrl-Click.

3. Press Ctrl-N to save the bundle again.

That way you will never loose your bundle until you press Ctrl-N

/SQ

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@soundquist wrote:

@acousmod wrote:

How would you want it simpler?

With the workaround that you describe, I have to select the group, right click and choose “unbundle” (or the key command), then Ctrl-click the clip I want to ungroup and re-apply the key command, with the danger to accidentally click somewhere and deselect the clips that were part of the group and having to re-select each of them. I know by experience that this scenario can happend in the action !

The bundle seems like a really great feature, but I agree with acousmod about the above.

The risk of losing the whole bundle seems not far away, with the current way of doing things.

If you happen to accidentally deselect all the events in the unbundled event selection, you can always just press undo to restore the previous bundle.

Perhaps it would be a solution if Ctrl-click would de-select individual events from a bundle, instead of the whole bundle. It would then be possible just to press Ctrl-N to create a new bundle without the de-selected events.

I think it would be more consistent if ctrl+click affects the entire bundle. I may add a “Remove this from bundle” command to the right-click edit menu.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@soundquist wrote:

Another variant:

1. Create a loop.

2. Let it loop. Deactivate the loop during playback.

3. Audio drops out when the cursor reaches the end of the (now deactivated) loop.

/SQ

Confirmed. I’ll look into this the coming days.

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

For example: You can bundle a sound or note sequence with any child automation curve sequences, and then collapse or hide the group of automation tracks. Moving the sound or note event will also move the bundled events on the hidden tracks.

That is actually a very good example. I had not thought of that.

Rolix
    Participant

Maybe. As I said earlier, “Groups” in Podium are more associated with track groups. Anyone else think that “Group Events” is better than “Bundle Events”?

I’d prefer “Group Events”. From a users point of view, I see no difference between grouping events and grouping tracks. From a programmers point of view this may look different 🙂

haiku
    Participant

@Rolix wrote:

Maybe. As I said earlier, “Groups” in Podium are more associated with track groups. Anyone else think that “Group Events” is better than “Bundle Events”?

I’d prefer “Group Events”. From a users point of view, I see no difference between grouping events and grouping tracks. From a programmers point of view this may look different 🙂

No, bundle is much better. Podium users are musicians, not programmers.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘1.79’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave