Topic: 1.89

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
    Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

• Holding the Control key while dragging sound files will copy the files to the current project folder.

This is a massive feature and will save me having to manually copy files to the current project folder (if they are not created in Podium).

However…I think it would be even better and quicker to have this feature (as in many other hosts) as a global ‘set and forget’ option.

For instance in the Preferences > Folders menu there is space for an additional option to “Copy all files used to project folder”.

If possible I would like to avoid having to always use the control key to drag a file just to copy it to my project folder. Having it as a global option removes the need to have to remember to drag / ctrl every clip I import into Podium to guarantee it gets copied into the project folder.

Sometimes I work without importing any files into Podium but many times I will need to import many files for a project, so drag / ctrl..ing those files just to copy them over would get tedious quite quickly. πŸ™

Having the current option is better than before but a global option would be great time saver. πŸ™‚

Podianer
    Participant

@Conquistador wrote:

@Zynewave wrote:

• Holding the Control key while dragging sound files will copy the files to the current project folder.

This is a massive feature and will save me having to manually copy files to the current project folder (if they are not created in Podium).

However…I think it would be even better and quicker to have this feature (as in many other hosts) as a global ‘set and forget’ option.

For instance in the Preferences > Folders menu there is space for an additional option to “Copy all files used to project folder”.

If possible I would like to avoid having to always use the control key to drag a file just to copy it to my project folder. Having it as a global option removes the need to have to remember to drag / ctrl every clip I import into Podium to guarantee it gets copied into the project folder.

Sometimes I work without importing any files into Podium but many times I will need to import many files for a project, so drag / ctrl..ing those files just to copy them over would get tedious quite quickly. πŸ™

Having the current option is better than before but a global option would be great time saver. πŸ™‚

+1 πŸ™‚

rinxai
    Participant

+1

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Conquistador wrote:

I had a different solution in mind: Sound objects that are linked to files outside the current project folder will show up in lists with a link symbol on top of the wave icon. The file menus will then have a command for copying externally linked files to the local project folder. That way you can experiment with importing/exchanging loop files without having them all copied to the project folder.

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

I had a different solution in mind: Sound objects that are linked to files outside the current project folder will show up in lists with a link symbol on top of the wave icon.

“show up in lists”… do you mean the List view? Got a spare screen shot laying around? πŸ˜†

The file menus will then have a command for copying externally linked files to the local project folder. That way you can experiment with importing/exchanging loop files without having them all copied to the project folder.

That sounds great, thanks πŸ™‚

Zynewave
    Keymaster

“show up in lists”… do you mean the List view?

Yes.

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

“show up in lists”… do you mean the List view?

Yes.

If that is what you meant then would sound objects appear on the right side of the list view or the left (usually for project related objects)?

I assume the right side / browser in the List view. If that is the case how would we get around a potential problem with using loops from different folders that may not all be visible in the List view at one time without scrolling up and down too much?

If I say…use 5 loops from 5 different folders and they do not all show up in the list view at a glance (might be a level or more higher) I would not be able to see the link symbol on top of each wave file icon without having to open up all my loop folders that are being used and then scroll up and down just to see the wave icon in each of the many folders I have.

Might it not be better to also have this link symbol visible on any wave file that is dragged into an arrangement for much easier identification?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Might it not be better to also have this link symbol visible on any wave file that is dragged into an arrangement for much easier identification?

That will happen automatically. The icon I’m referring to is the small square picture of a wave that is located to the left of all imported sound object names (not sound files as shown in the list window file panel). It will appear in all lists where sound objects are shown (including the project start page, and also when you drag a sound object.

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

That will happen automatically. The icon I’m referring to is the small square picture of a wave that is located to the left of all imported sound object names (not sound files as shown in the list window file panel). It will appear in all lists where sound objects are shown (including the project start page, and also when you drag a sound object.

Excellent thanks Frits! :mrgreen:

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘1.89’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave