Topic: 2.07

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Added several new options to the timeline ruler region properties. It is now possible to configure which of the cursor, segment, punch and loop ranges should be shown. The auto-hide option can be used to hide the ruler when the shown range is disabled. When the zoom/slide option is enabled the mouse-wheel will zoom in/out on the timeline and click-drag will slide the timeline.
    • Hovering the mouse over a timeline ruler will highlight the region with a line indicating the snapped time position. Hovering over the segment, punch and loop bars will highlight these. A resize cursor is shown when the mouse is over the edge of the bars.
    • Added “Zoom Full Range”, “Zoom Segment Range”, “Zoom Punch Range” and “Zoom Loop Range” commands to the timeline ruler popup menu.
    • Changed the Podium default setup to use separate auto-hiding loop, punch and segment regions. Use the “load default setup” command in the setup menu to get the new timeline layout.
    • Clicking the middle mouse button in any of the timeline regions will set the edit cursor position. Holding the middle button will drag the cursor. Double-click will start/stop playback.
    • Fix: Recording with auto-assign audio input was not working.
    Malcolm Jacobson
    Participant

Hi Frits,

@Zynewave wrote:

• Clicking the middle mouse button in any of the timeline regions will set the edit cursor position.

I’m finding this very hard to use. My middle mouse button is a scroll wheel, so the timeline often scrolls when I try to set the edit cursor position. Is there some way I can customise the keyboard shortcuts in Podium?

Cheers,

Malcolm.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Malcolm Jacobson wrote:

Hi Frits,

@Zynewave wrote:

• Clicking the middle mouse button in any of the timeline regions will set the edit cursor position.

I’m finding this very hard to use. My middle mouse button is a scroll wheel, so the timeline often scrolls when I try to set the edit cursor position. Is there some way I can customise the keyboard shortcuts in Podium?

Customization of keyboard shortcuts is not implemented yet.

If you are uncomfortable with using the middle mouse button, then you can still use any of the old methods of adjusting the cursor position.

Pigini
    Participant

Wow, that was a quick new release.
    Installed 2.06 only yesterday and have not even really tested it and now there is 2.07 already!!.
    Have a lot of catching up to do, skipped a few versions and am very thrilled about the progress. Bought a 2nd hand slate pc and podium so far is ideal for it, since everything I do can be achieved by using the stylus only. In many other apps some feats are not accessible without the keyboard, good to have those rich options in podium. Btw, full functionality with mouse pointer only is crucial for handycapped fellows too. (Actually another strong selling point.)
    Great work!

UncleAge
    Participant

Frits, I am away from my setup for a few days. Probably won’t be able to test it out until mid-week. I’ll report back as soon as I get home and try the new functionality.

kingtubby
    Participant

Thanks as ever for the latest release Frits πŸ˜€
    I have a minor graphical bug to report though. When playing a midi sequence with the midi editor window open, the last number in the timeline disappears when the play cursor passes over it. If the sequence is looping then the number reappears when the cursor returns to the beginning.

Mart.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@kingtubby wrote:

I have a minor graphical bug to report though. When playing a midi sequence with the midi editor window open, the last number in the timeline disappears when the play cursor passes over it. If the sequence is looping then the number reappears when the cursor returns to the beginning.

Got it. Will fix it.

Conquistador
    Participant

The changes in 2.0.6 and 2.07 are very welcome indeed thanks! :mrgreen: Need more time to dig into them but the timeline changes you made are a very thin whisker away from this FR configurable snap.

The Edit cursor snaps (which is fantastic) It just feels smooth and reliable. πŸ™‚ But…it just by a tiny length falls short of the FR in that link. Can you extend the current functionality just a bit further please in 2.08? 8)

If it can be done already then excuse my ignorance. I just don’t know how 😳

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Ohh, such a nice update for the middle mouse button. πŸ™

If only my mouse (Logixxxx MX400) hadn’t such a :evil::evil::evil: of a wheel! It was just perfect on its predecessor (xxxxtech Mouseman wheel) – now it’s rock hard and jumpy. The only good thing is the left & right tilt which, of course, no program ever uses… (done venting now)

Great job, Frits!

ronin
    Participant

Nice update! Works like a charm but I can understand

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

Ohh, such a nice update for the middle mouse button. πŸ™

If only my mouse (Logixxxx MX400) hadn’t such a :evil::evil::evil: of a wheel!

since my middle mouse button is integrated with the scrollwheel and it needs two chuck-norrish fingers to push it down πŸ™‚

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Conquistador wrote:

The changes in 2.0.6 and 2.07 are very welcome indeed thanks! :mrgreen: Need more time to dig into them but the timeline changes you made are a very thin whisker away from this FR configurable snap.

The Edit cursor snaps (which is fantastic) It just feels smooth and reliable. πŸ™‚ But…it just by a tiny length falls short of the FR in that link. Can you extend the current functionality just a bit further please in 2.08? 8)

If it can be done already then excuse my ignorance. I just don’t know how 😳

The timeline changes in 2.07 were only UI changes. The change you suggest requires some work in the engine, so it’s a fair bit more than a “whisker” away :wink:. It will have to wait.

caco
    Participant

Hi – I am unable to use 2.07 as it crashes on me every time I select a track. I was using 2.06 previously with out any problems.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 2.07 and started a fresh project but get the same problem every time. Podium just hangs and about 10 minutes after ending the process in the task manager it eventually closes.

Anybody else had this happen? It is 100% reproducible for me πŸ™

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@caco wrote:

Hi – I am unable to use 2.07 as it crashes on me every time I select a track. I was using 2.06 previously with out any problems.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 2.07 and started a fresh project but get the same problem every time. Podium just hangs and about 10 minutes after ending the process in the task manager it eventually closes.

Anybody else had this happen? It is 100% reproducible for me πŸ™

Please send me your Podium.ini file.

I assume the crash occurs even before you have assigned any devices to the tracks?

caco
    Participant

Hi – I have emailed you my podium.ini file. Yes, it happens before I assign any devices to it. Sounds like you may know what is wrong πŸ™‚

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@caco wrote:

Hi – I have emailed you my podium.ini file. Yes, it happens before I assign any devices to it. Sounds like you may know what is wrong πŸ™‚

I thought it had something to do with your editor setup, but your Podium.ini file did not crash for me. Please try this: Create a new project without importing plugins. Create a new arrangement without changing the default arrangement settings. Do you still get the crash just by selecting different tracks?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘2.07’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave