Topic: 2.07

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
    Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

The timeline changes in 2.07 were only UI changes. The change you suggest requires some work in the engine, so it’s a fair bit more than a “whisker” away :wink:. It will have to wait.

Ok…from my user perspective in terms of functionality it is very close but that clearly is a bigger job than it appears…judging y your comments… πŸ™‚

Oh well, it was worth asking for…Cheers Frits. πŸ™‚

caco
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

@caco wrote:

Hi – I have emailed you my podium.ini file. Yes, it happens before I assign any devices to it. Sounds like you may know what is wrong πŸ™‚

I thought it had something to do with your editor setup, but your Podium.ini file did not crash for me. Please try this: Create a new project without importing plugins. Create a new arrangement without changing the default arrangement settings. Do you still get the crash just by selecting different tracks?

Yes, exactly the same thing happens. I also tried unistalling and going back to 2.06 but now the same thing happens with that version now as well.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@caco wrote:

Yes, exactly the same thing happens. I also tried unistalling and going back to 2.06 but now the same thing happens with that version now as well.

Weird.

Does it happen also if the arrangement monitor/power button is off?

Try deleting your Podium.ini file while Podium is not running (save a backup of the file first). After you have deleted it, start up Podium and check if you get the crash also with the Podium default setup.

caco
    Participant

Yep it happened whether the power button was off or on.

I unistalled Podium again and then deleted the entire folder containing the podium.ini file which the uninstaller does not seem to remove. Anyway, this seems to have done the trick and I have 2.07 working πŸ™‚

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@caco wrote:

I unistalled Podium again and then deleted the entire folder containing the podium.ini file which the uninstaller does not seem to remove. Anyway, this seems to have done the trick and I have 2.07 working πŸ™‚

Great. Although, I would still like to find the cause for the crash.

Did you use the mouse or keyboard shortcuts to select the track?

If you used the mouse, where on the track lane header did you click?

caco
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

@caco wrote:

Great. Although, I would still like to find the cause for the crash.

Did you use the mouse or keyboard shortcuts to select the track?

If you used the mouse, where on the track lane header did you click?

I used the mouse and it did not matter where i clicked, it still crashed

Mike G
    Participant

Suspected Bug…
    Have a track with midi notes in a file starting at bar 2 (say).
    Start recording a single note on bar 1 of track and let go of note before get to end of 1st bar.
    All works OK.
    BUT…
    If I hold on note till after end of bar 1 so that the other notes in the existing midi file start playing then my original note never gets recorded.
    Thanks,
    Mike G

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Mike G wrote:

Suspected Bug…
    Have a track with midi notes in a file starting at bar 2 (say).
    Start recording a single note on bar 1 of track and let go of note before get to end of 1st bar.
    All works OK.
    BUT…
    If I hold on note till after end of bar 1 so that the other notes in the existing midi file start playing then my original note never gets recorded.
    Thanks,
    Mike G

The problem is that the note would be cut off at the sequence end at bar 2, so the note would not play back as you played it. To ensure your MIDI recording is merged seamlessly into a sequence beyond your recording point, you need to predraw a sequence and merge it with the next sequence, so that it is one sequence.

Conquistador
    Participant

2.0.7…

Windows and/or Podium generated this error…thought it might help to post it here.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Podium.exe
    Application Version: 2.7.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 49286edd
    Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a81d
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00010e20
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: fd00
    Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
    Additional Information 3: fd00
    Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Conquistador wrote:

2.0.7…

Windows and/or Podium generated this error…thought it might help to post it here.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Podium.exe
    Application Version: 2.7.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 49286edd
    Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a81d
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00010e20
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: fd00
    Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
    Additional Information 3: fd00
    Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Sorry, I didn’t yell out “A-HA” upon looking at these numbers. Could you provide more info, please?

Conquistador
    Participant

This was not of any real importance to me. I was just trying to help. Thought the info might be useful.

I was creating a template in Podium beyond that I am not sure what else you would like to know.

It might be a good idea to have a list of a few things you want to know if there is a crash in Podium or indeed any support related post.

OS
    Podium version
    Offline or online usage

e.t.c

Maybe even make it a sticky.

HTH

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Conquistador wrote:

I was creating a template in Podium beyond that I am not sure what else you would like to know.

What action were you doing to cause the crash?

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

I think it was simply bypassing an effect or two. As the template I am setting up has some bypassed effects. It did not happen again after re starting Podium though.

Podium has some kind of warning pop up message should that not have popped up?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Conquistador wrote:

@Zynewave wrote:

I think it was simply bypassing an effect or two. As the template I am setting up has some bypassed effects. It did not happen again after re starting Podium though.

Next time it crashes, try to remember what you had done leading up to the crash, and then try to reproduce the crash.

Podium has some kind of warning pop up message should that not have popped up?

If you mean the plugin crash messagebox, then that only pops up if the crash happens in the plugin code.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘2.07’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave