Topic: 2.08

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
    LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

@Pigini wrote:

Great changes!!
    The changes to the mixer in the previous versions, now the track optimizations…
    It seems our logically already neatly layed out podium gets the ultimate usability overhaul.
    What’s next? I hope it will be the Piano Roll.

+1, I really like to see a improved piano roll:
    -ghost notes with the colour of their channel
    -ctrl/alt/shift + left click… whatever on a ghost note switch to edit that clip (look at this video http://video.aol.com/video-detail/samplitude–sequoia-midi-multi-object-editing/3277472020)
    -multiple note resizing
    -custom shadow rows (then you can easily work with unfamiliar scales)
    -maximun gridlines resolution is the piano roll snap settings

Another features:
    -Support for MIDI controllers
    -Object freeze
    -Inline clip edition (a la EnergyXT)
    -Export to wav dialog

This would be my ideal Podium. And… yes, I only work with MIDI, I do techno music 🙂

jpleong
    Participant

Frits, I’ve been away from Podium for a while and finally hopped back in with 2.07. I was very, very impressed and excited about the changes and the increased stability (not sure if this was something you did or something with my new interface drivers).

I am excited to download 2.08 and work with the new “takes” feature.

I was wondering if it were possible for you to produce a short “Change-log” video with each new release. While it’s great to read about these new features, I have a hard time knowing what some of them actually do or how to actually take advantage of them. Now, I’m not talking about some elaborately produced video but more like a simple screen-shot video with narration (like what can be done with Adobe Captivate).

It’d be a great way for us to “meet” you, too!

JP

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@jpleong wrote:

I was wondering if it were possible for you to produce a short “Change-log” video with each new release. While it’s great to read about these new features, I have a hard time knowing what some of them actually do or how to actually take advantage of them. Now, I’m not talking about some elaborately produced video but more like a simple screen-shot video with narration (like what can be done with Adobe Captivate).

It’s a good idea, but one that I feel would take too much of my time. But maybe I should consider this at some point in the future.

swindus
    Participant

Little bug: When adjusting the fade curves in the sound event dialog the curve display only updates when the focus is changed to another input field.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@swindus wrote:

Little bug: When adjusting the fade curves in the sound event dialog the curve display only updates when the focus is changed to another input field.

That’s the standard behaviour in all Podium dialogs. If the curve display should be updated for each key press, then the display would e.g. jump from anywhere between 0, 1, 2, 9, 19, 20, 201, 2019 etc. depending on how you change the value “19” to “20”.

Dandruff
    Participant

@Frits: Why not updating the images on the homepage with some more up-to-date ones?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Dandruff wrote:

@Frits: Why not updating the images on the homepage with some more up-to-date ones?

Thanks for the reminder. I’ll revise my website within a month or two.

estwing
    Participant

Hi Frits,
    whilst trying to pinpoint some clipping inside a series of effect tracks I enabled faders and meters on all, and set the tracks to “unhide”,I notice that subsequently clicking around the corresponding dot matrix in the mixer can delete the meters.
    mart.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@estwing wrote:

Hi Frits,
    whilst trying to pinpoint some clipping inside a series of effect tracks I enabled faders and meters on all, and set the tracks to “unhide”,I notice that subsequently clicking around the corresponding dot matrix in the mixer can delete the meters.
    mart.

You mean “unhide mixer strip” and not “unhide track lane”?

Have you unhid all effect track strips, so that all the strips you click only have one row of dots in the grid?

estwing
    Participant

I mean I enabled meters and faders on each individual track and set the tracks to “unhide” so all the meters were visible in the track view,I could then see where the clipping was occuring in the chain and adjust the faders to suit

clicking the mixer dots removed the meters in the track view.

mart.

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Frits, I’ve tested this bug in Podium 2.08 and 2.09b4. I also downloaded another host, Reaper, in order to check that this wasn’t a Sylenth1 bug.

I’ve problems with Sylenth1. Just make some chords with a pad sound, loop them, then do (with volume release as example) that Sylenth reach its maximun voices polyphony, and then, mute and unmute the Sylenth track in Podium mixer.

When you unmute Sylenth1’s track it doesn’t reproduce any sound. If you pause and play the song again, there isn’t any sound either (you can see in Sylenth preview keyboard how MIDI reach Sylenth1). The only way for restore the sound of Sylenth is setting the polyphony to 0 and set again to the desired value.

I think it’s a Podium bug because I hadn’t any problem in Reaper (muting the Reaper mixer track, and disabling and bypassing Sylenth1 in Reaper).

Here you’re a .pod Press play and mute/unmute the Sylenth1 mixer track:

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=XF9M5MT2

Thanks you!

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Frits, it’s me again… i’m the bug-man 😳

Now I was using Gladiator 2 in Podium. I did two patches for it and I saved the song. Later when I load again the project I discovered that Gladiator 2 didn’t saved it changes!!!!! Then I deleted them.

I did a new project only with a Gladiator 2, and I discovered that Podium don’t save the “CATEGORY” of gladiator (category = internal preset folder), but this only happens with 2 categories: Vocoder and Pad.

It’s soooooooooooo weird. I tried to reproduce the bug in FL Studio 8.02 but I couldn’t do it, FL Studio save the project without problems.

Best regards

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Me again and Gladiator 2

Using more that one instance of Gladiator 2 will give you incredible headaches… try it your self, Podium forget presets (and sometimes it will delete them even!!)

Please, take a look to this problem if you can.

Thanks you

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

Me again and Gladiator 2

Using more that one instance of Gladiator 2 will give you incredible headaches… try it your self, Podium forget presets (and sometimes it will delete them even!!)

Please, take a look to this problem if you can.

Thanks you

Please try to disable the “enable plugin multiprocessing” option in Preferences, restart Podium, and see if that makes a difference.

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

No, there isn’t any difference. However I noticed that when I change programs/banks in Gladiator’s interface, the selected preset/bank of Inspector remain. Sometimes, I think to remember, it changes.

Maybe the problem is that Inspector doesn’t respond to Gladiator 2 program/bank change, and when I reload the project the inspector selected preset is loaded.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • The topic ‘2.08’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave