Topic: 2.16

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Added a new resizable timeline navigator to the top of all editor windows. This replaces the horizontal scrollbar in the default setup. The navigator shows a miniature graphic of the full duration of arrangements, sounds, note and curve sequences. The current zoom range is displayed as a sliding transparent pane on top of the miniature. The zoom range pane can be dragged and resized to quickly adjust the zoom.
    • Clicking in the navigator outside the zoom pane sets the zoom range centered around the clicked position. Double-clicking zooms out to the full range. Double-clicking either of the left/right zoom resize handles sets the zoom to the start/end of the sequence. Shift+click+dragging selects a zoom range. Middle-clicking sets the edit cursor position.
    • Using mouse wheel on the navigator zoom pane will zoom in and out similar to how mouse wheel zooming works on the timeline ruler. Using mouse wheel outside the zoom pane will set the zoom range centered around the mouse position.
    • Loading setup files created with earlier Podium versions will automatically be converted to use the navigator region.
    • The old dual-purpose “meter” region is split into two separate “velocity” and “curve” regions.
    • The embedded editor previously part of the tracks region is now a separate region.
    • Clicking the “insert new” button in the profile properties dialog shows a popup menu instead of the previous “insert new region” dialog.
    • When loop-recording MIDI notes, note events are only created if there is no overlap with already recorded notes.
    • Fix: The transition from a spline curve point to a line or bar point were not always accurate.
    • Fix: The 64-bit engine produced noise when outputting to 24-bit ASIO drivers.
    Conquistador
    Participant

Thanks! πŸ™‚

Klemperer
    Participant

The way midi gets recorded in loop mode sounds an excellent addition to me, thanks!

DFusion
    Participant

Thanks πŸ˜€
    I love the new navigator window.

I have also found a bug….
    If you add automation to a track the cpu usage gets 3Doubled.

The song i was working on uses 7-9% in windows taskmanager but when i added automation to the filter cutoff on a track with Vanguard the cpu usage went up to 30%.

When i deleted the automation track it went down to 9% again.

aMUSEd
    Participant

Very nice.

The only thing I would add is when you double click to expand the zoom range to full screen another double click should return it to what it was previously.

Conquistador
    Participant

Not seeing a x3 increase in CPU here. Just tried to automate a parameter in Trilogy. 10 -12 % fluctuation in Windows task manager (Max). A few percent difference on Podiums CPU meter. All that with at least 4 other apps running at the same time. Perhaps it is Plugin specific.

Running Vista SP2. Final not beta.

DFusion
    Participant

@Conquistador wrote:

Not seeing a x3 increase in CPU here. Just tried to automate a parameter in Trilogy. 10 -12 % fluctuation in Windows task manager (Max). Perhaps it is Plugin specific.

Running Vista SP2. Final not beta.

Thanks for testing it πŸ˜€
    I am using XP SP3 and i also encounter allot of random crashes with this version for some strange reason.

aMUSEd
    Participant

Maybe it’s a Vanguard thing – I’m not seeing it either – had a fairly intensive project with Alchemy and tried deleting all the automation but it made no difference to the cpu hit.

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

@aMUSEd wrote:

The only thing I would add is when you double click to expand the zoom range to full screen another double click should return it to what it was previously.

Yeah, I think so too, as I wrote in the beta thread.

Anyway, congratulations and thanks to you, Frits, for another fantastic feature implementation!

maximilians
    Participant

very cool 8) thanks Fritz!

rinxai
    Participant

A sweet surprize,

thank you πŸ˜€

DFusion
    Participant

@aMUSEd wrote:

Maybe it’s a Vanguard thing – I’m not seeing it either – had a fairly intensive project with Alchemy and tried deleting all the automation but it made no difference to the cpu hit.

That is my guess too or that it is one of the other vst’s i have in that song.

I will do some more testing to see where the problem is πŸ˜€

H-man
    Participant

Thanks Frits πŸ˜€

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

@aMUSEd wrote:

Yeah, I think so too, as I wrote in the beta thread.

I like this idea also.

Mike G
    Participant

Nice, thanks frits.

One very minor suggestion, when you click outside the zoom range, I feel the default should be to keep the same vertical position as previously, not to set the top of the zoom range to where you clicked.
    If you did want to scroll the vertical zoom it feels like you should scroll down after clicking.

Thanks,
    Mike G

swindus
    Participant

@Mike G wrote:

One very minor suggestion, when you click outside the zoom range, I feel the default should be to keep the same vertical position as previously, not to set the top of the zoom range to where you clicked.
    If you did want to scroll the vertical zoom it feels like you should scroll down after clicking.

Same here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘2.16’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave