Topic: 2.35

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • MIDI files can be auditioned in the browser. The MIDI file will play on the focus track, at the tempo of the arrangement. If the arrangement is playing, the “audition on bar start” option will sync the MIDI file to the arrangement.
    • MIDI files can be dragged directly onto the note editor timeline. This will insert the notes from the MIDI file at the mouse cursor timeline and root note position. All inserted notes will be transposed to use the new root note. Holding the Alt key will drop the notes without changing the root note.
    • Added “Export Selection to MIDI File” command to the File menu in note and curve editors.
    • When dropping a MIDI file or a sequence object onto a track, the end of the new sequence event will be snapped up to the next grid line.
    • Importing a MIDI file to a track will use the filename for the new sequence if the MIDI file contains a blank track name.
    • Pressing the Insert key in the arrangement and note editor now supports duplicating a multiple event selection. If snap is enabled, the duplicated events will be snapped relative to the next grid line. Pressing Shift+Insert will override snap. Pressing Ctrl+Insert will snap to next bar.
    • Realtime bounce recording mode now automatically creates the sound events for the recording.
    • Realtime bounce recording is no longer limited to the length of the arrangement. It will continue to record until stop is pressed.
    • Made a minor design change to the browser menu buttons.
    • Fix: The “Transform to Spline Curve” command did not properly handle cases where there were deselected events within the range of selected events.
    • Updated “Toolbars”, “Sliding & Zooming”, “Recording”, “Preferences” and “Colors” chapters in the Podium guide.
    LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

[*]Pressing the Insert key in the arrangement and note editor now supports duplicating a multiple event selection. If snap is enabled, the duplicated events will be snapped relative to the next grid line. Pressing Shift+Insert will override snap. Pressing Ctrl+Insert will snap to next bar.

[*]Realtime bounce recording mode now automatically creates the sound events for the recording.

[*]Realtime bounce recording is no longer limited to the length of the arrangement. It will continue to record until stop is pressed.

Very, very cool and useful the Ctrl-Insert shortcut, also the realtime bounce updates were a must.

kingtubby
    Participant

Midi file preview is a very nice addition – thanks πŸ™‚

Mart.

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

I found some problems and I think they’re related.

1. Please, take a look to this gif. I modify Clip 2 and then I exchange its place with Clip 1. When I start to play the arrangement the play cursor goes through Clip 2 piano roll editor, when it shouldn’t be.

2. If you timestretch any event its editor isn’t updated very well… anyway, if you only resize any event (without timestretch it) the shadowed bars on Piano roll aren’t updated hint hint hint if you are going update this last bad behaviour update the way piano roll is shadowed too πŸ™‚

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Must…resist…nnngrrh… No, the urge is too strong! 😈

If you moved that new button one pixel to the right, the arrows would line up again.

Thanks a LOT for fixing real-time bouncing, but please don’t forget about the stuff in the 2.34 preview thread.

4mica
    Participant

Many thanks-

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Due to an error I’ve stretched a curve event and I discovered it after carefully editing the clip. It’s pretty easy make an error resizing it because the dots of resize and timestretch are pretty close. Could you please separate them a bit?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

I have uploaded a video that demonstrates MIDI file audition and dragging MIDI files onto the note editor:

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

I found some problems and I think they’re related.

I’m aware of these issues. Currently the separate editor timeline does not update if you move/resize the sequence event that was used to open the editor. One day I’ll improve this behaviour.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

Must…resist…nnngrrh… No, the urge is too strong! 😈

If you moved that new button one pixel to the right, the arrows would line up again.

Thanks a LOT for fixing real-time bouncing, but please don’t forget about the stuff in the 2.34 preview thread.

Don’t think I haven’t been tormented by this also πŸ˜›

The problem is that aligning the arrows violates one of my other principles, which is that the space between buttons and panel edges are 5 pixels. Furthermore, if the user sets a different scrollbar size in Preferences, then the arrows are misaligned anyway.

I’ll get back to the 2.34 preview topic, once I’ve gathered some strength πŸ˜‰

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

Due to an error I’ve stretched a curve event and I discovered it after carefully editing the clip. It’s pretty easy make an error resizing it because the dots of resize and timestretch are pretty close. Could you please separate them a bit?

In a future update I may add a handle at the center of the events, so that’s why they are currently aligned to the bottom.

kyran
    Participant

While we’re on the subject of drag handles: would it be possible to apply the action to all selected items instead of the one you’re just dragging?
    So if I select 4 items and then use the resize drag handle on the last one to gate it, they all gate by the same amount (or have their volume adjusted or are stretched, depending on the drag handle)

You can see this sort of behaviour in lots of ableton live and logic videos and I like it (I instinctively try to do it this way all the time)

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

In a future update I may add a handle at the center of the events, so that’s why they are currently aligned to the bottom.

Another handle? Imagine an audio event with four handles in each side, too much I think. Why don’t you fusion handles? I mean, you can join in only one dot timestretch&resize handle and using a key shortcut to alternate between them, usually before click ALT for timestretch. It’s the standart way, even in Video editors, as I can see while I’m learning Sony Vegas HD 9 demo, because Camtasia demo expired already (I won’t do more videos with it :P)

edit: when people test demos they don’t read manuals until they think that the program can satisfy their needs (lots of times they never do it!). If you integrate easy, fast, consisntet and standart methods Podium had a bigger chance to show its power and advantages.

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Don’t think I haven’t been tormented by this also πŸ˜›

OK, good to know the designer in you is still alive and well. πŸ™‚ Also, great work on the new video!

@kyran wrote:

While we’re on the subject of drag handles: would it be possible to apply the action to all selected items instead of the one you’re just dragging?
    So if I select 4 items and then use the resize drag handle on the last one to gate it, they all gate by the same amount (or have their volume adjusted or are stretched, depending on the drag handle)

You can see this sort of behaviour in lots of ableton live and logic videos and I like it (I instinctively try to do it this way all the time)

Yeah, applying any sort of action/command to everything that’s selected is probably the single-most standard computer behavior, I’d say. Since the note editor got updated for this, I hope it’s only a matter of time before the arrangement editor and tracks follow suit! It’s even on my top 5 list! πŸ˜›

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

Another handle? Imagine an audio event with four handles in each side, too much I think. Why don’t you fusion handles? I mean, you can join in only one dot timestretch&resize handle and using a key shortcut to alternate between them, usually before click ALT for timestretch.

I agree with this… The current behavior of Alt-clicking anywhere on events to resize them is very nice as well, but it wouldn’t have to be sacrificed if only Alt-clicking on resize handles was used for time-stretching. You need to see the handles anyway in order to time-stretch, as opposed to resizing.

… as I can see while I’m learning Sony Vegas HD 9 demo, because Camtasia demo expired already (I won’t do more videos with it :P)

I think I can recommend the new Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 (lots of confusing product names…). Most importantly, max track count was increased, and it should cost the same or even less than 9. I finally got around to ordering it too – should be in the mail by now.

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

I think I can recommend the new Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 (lots of confusing product names…). Most importantly, max track count was increased, and it should cost the same or even less than 9. I finally got around to ordering it too – should be in the mail by now.

I did it, thanks for the tip, this program is much better than camtasia for my purposes with Podium, I going to try to do a video about that techno track I made yesterday. Maybe I could buy it, after my 30 days of trial, I always use them if there isn’t any restriction.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘2.35’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave