Topic: 2.35

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

@Zynewave wrote:

In a future update I may add a handle at the center of the events, so that’s why they are currently aligned to the bottom.

Another handle? Imagine an audio event with four handles in each side, too much I think. Why don’t you fusion handles? I mean, you can join in only one dot timestretch&resize handle and using a key shortcut to alternate between them, usually before click ALT for timestretch. It’s the standart way, even in Video editors, as I can see while I’m learning Sony Vegas HD 9 demo, because Camtasia demo expired already (I won’t do more videos with it :P)

edit: when people test demos they don’t read manuals until they think that the program can satisfy their needs (lots of times they never do it!). If you integrate easy, fast, consisntet and standart methods Podium had a bigger chance to show its power and advantages.

The reason I added stretch as a separate handle, was to make it more obvious that you can time-stretch the events. If you needed to Alt+click the handle to stretch, most people would never know about this feature, unless they read the manual.

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

I don’t think that. I don’t know any video or audio program that need to use points (some ot them use only one at the top of each clip for fadein/out), all of them resize clips dragging from the border, and all of them do timestretch with a hotkey while dragging. It’s the standart way. Having lots of handles can cause troubles as I’m having [and nowadays there is only 2!]. There is few features that are standart enough in the market to change them [without enough benefit].

Please, think about it.

I quote myself:

edit: when people test demos they don’t read manuals until they think that the program can satisfy their needs (lots of times they never do it!). If you integrate easy, fast, consisntet and standart methods Podium had a bigger chance to show its power and advantages.

When you try a program similar to another you already has, you try to adopt the same workflow (unless you see it a self-evident and better one). I think it’s the key.[/quote]

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

I reproduced a crash, just try to drag and drop an audio input to an empty track. It crashes always.

kingtubby
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

I have uploaded a video that demonstrates MIDI file audition and dragging MIDI files onto the note editor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywp_Ih0XozM

Frits, any chance you could make that collection of midi chords and patterns your using in the vid available? I’d find those useful ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks,
    Mart.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

I reproduced a crash, just try to drag and drop an audio input to an empty track. It crashes always.

Fixed. Thanks.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@kingtubby wrote:

@Zynewave wrote:

I have uploaded a video that demonstrates MIDI file audition and dragging MIDI files onto the note editor:

Frits, any chance you could make that collection of midi chords and patterns your using in the vid available? I’d find those useful ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks,
    Mart.

I’ve uploaded the files to this page:
    http://www.zynewave.com/wiki/doku.php?id=miscellaneous:index

I had to change the file names for the patterns, because the bullet character, that you see in the video, was not allowed in zip files.

kingtubby
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

@kingtubby wrote:

@Zynewave wrote:

Thanks,
    Mart.

I’ve uploaded the files to this page:
    http://www.zynewave.com/wiki/doku.php?id=miscellaneous:index

I had to change the file names for the patterns, because the bullet character, that you see in the video, was not allowed in zip files.

Super ๐Ÿ˜€ thanks Frits.

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Hey, I just noticed that duplicating stuff with the Insert key now stops adding new copies as soon as you hit an already existing event.

It previously continued to insert notes/sequences past already existing ones, and even filled in gaps between events, even it that meant the inserted one was cut short. I really, really liked the way this worked… ๐Ÿ™

Also, I think if the automation curve used the track color instead of timeline text color, it’d be less obtrusive.
    Somehow I get a feeling of dรฉjร  vu – was there some problem with it that I just can’t remember about…?

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

I had the same thoughts that thcilnnahoj, but I already open my big mouth enough ๐Ÿ˜†

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

Also, I think if the automation curve used the track color instead of timeline text color, it’d be less obtrusive.
    Somehow I get a feeling of dรฉjร  vu – was there some problem with it that I just can’t remember about…?

I assume you are referring to the curve color used on the space between curve sequence events. Is the problem that it stands out too much? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ . I have a deja-vu of a topic where we discussed how to make the curve more noticeable.

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

I think I traced it back to the start: http://www.zynewave.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16579#16579
    …continued just last month: http://www.zynewave.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2352 ๐Ÿ˜ณ

The problem back then was that those parts of a curve enclosed in curve sequences ignored selection colors, which you bravely fixed not long ago. I don’t remember any problem with curve visibility where there were no curve sequences (I believe the track color was used for the whole curve before?).
    You could try it and see if you like it – I only did a few primitive tests recoloring the curve in screenshots, but found the results pleasing. ๐Ÿ˜‰

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

There is a problem exporting audio. When you bounce the master track and then you finally export it, there shouldn’t be any problem. But if after exporting the first time if, ie, you shorten the song from five minutes to four, bounce again, and export it overwritting the last file name, actually it isn’t overwritted, they’re only overwritted the first 4 minutes keeping the last minute of the first time you exported it.

I think this behaviour is inherited from bounce/region bounce.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

There is a problem exporting audio. When you bounce the master track and then you finally export it, there shouldn’t be any problem. But if after exporting the first time if, ie, you shorten the song from five minutes to four, bounce again, and export it overwritting the last file name, actually it isn’t overwritted, they’re only overwritted the first 4 minutes keeping the last minute of the first time you exported it.

I think this behaviour is inherited from bounce/region bounce.

I think that may be because the bounce sound is not cropped to the shortened bounce event. I will fix this at some point.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘2.35’ is closed to new replies.
ยฉ 2021 Zynewave