Topic: 2.36

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Added an “Appearance” page to the preferences dialog. It includes new settings for default button size, button and and slider knob roundness, and various other options. The Podium default is updated to use a button roundness setting of 50%.
    • Added a shortcut for setting the default button size directly in the Podium UI: Place the mouse cursor over the project window menu bar, hold the Ctrl key down, and use the mouse wheel to adjust the overall button size. The entire UI will scale in realtime.
    • Removed the slider knob style options from the Colors dialog. These settings are replaced by the new Appearance page in the Preferences dialog.
    • The mixer horizontal zoom can now extend down to 20% of the normal strip size. When zooming below 100%, the various mixer controls will change position and size to accomodate for the narrow mixer strips. Double-click or Ctrl+click the zoom slider to set zoom to default. Double-click again to restore previous zoom setting. Dragging the mixer zoom slider will lock the zoom on the focus track.
    • The arrangement editor zoom and slide tools can be used on the mixer strips. To zoom in/out on a specific strip, hold Ctrl+Alt and use click+drag or the mouse wheel over the strip. To slide the strips, hold Shift+Alt and click+drag, or hold Alt and use the mouse wheel.
    • Redesigned various graphical details of the track inspector, track headers and mixer strips.
    • Optimized the code for realtime UI animation. The animation of the play cursor, meters and other indicators will continue when for example scrolling the mixer strips, dragging windows, opening menus in plugins, etc.
    • Simplified some UI features of the timeline ruler region. The previous separate menus for cursor, segment, punch and loop ranges are combined into one menu. The timeline edit mode is removed.
    • Bounce enabling a track will create a dedicated bounce track in the effect chain, instead of enabling bounce mode on an existing effect track. The bounce track will show up with a “Bounce” button in the chain, which can be clicked to open the bounce menu. The bounce extraction point can be set by dragging the bounce track up or down in the chain.
    • Changed the mouse wheel horizontal scroll shortcut from Shift to Alt, to match the Ctrl+Alt shortcut for horizontal zoom.
    • The track automatic solo can be toggled with Alt+click instead of Shift+Alt+click.
    • Added “show frame around focus track” option to the mixer region dialog.
    • Removed the outdated “use name of device assigned to track” option from the effect track properties dialog.
    • MIDI channel reset messages are only sent to MIDI interface channels that have previously been used. This reduces the total number of reset messages sent on playback start.
    • Fix: Dropping a device object onto a partially hidden effect chain panel on a track header could cause a crash.
    • Fix: Resizing the channel header panel in the sound editor did not update the wave display area.
    • Updated the “Tracks”, “Track Inspector” and “Mixing” chapters in the Podium guide.
    swindus
    Participant

Great release. Thanks!

4mica
    Participant

You’re the beta king of Denmark, Frits. Thanks much.

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

I was about to start updating those chapters again, but there seems to be no need! You would indeed do well not letting the guide fall that far behind anymore. πŸ™‚

I’m taking the parameter automation chapter home over the weekend, to get back into it… After that, sequence events, probably. Just let me know if I’m crossing over into your guide territory again, Frits.

A super-tiny thing, not even worth being called a bug: When an effect track is selected in the rack, and you’re creating or deleting track notes, the sticky note button isn’t updated until you select another track. It’s immediately updated when the source track is selected in the chain.

Thank you very much for another great update!

German Fafian
    Participant

Great update!!!
    Thanks for those “little” graphic enhancements.
    The small details are the ones that make the big differences πŸ˜‰

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

• Updated the “Tracks”, “Track Inspector” and “Mixing” chapters in the Podium guide.

Can I assume those chapters can be translated?

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Another mini bug: When you change text color or load a color setup while the browser is closed, the icon on the refresh button will not update to the new color.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

@Zynewave wrote:

Can I assume those chapters can be translated?

Yes. I think thcilnnahoj is done with them for now, and I’m not planning on editing them further.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

I was about to start updating those chapters again, but there seems to be no need! You would indeed do well not letting the guide fall that far behind anymore. πŸ™‚

Yes, the guide is starting to feel more up to date. It’s easier to add info about new features if the pages are not completely outdated.

I’m taking the parameter automation chapter home over the weekend, to get back into it… After that, sequence events, probably. Just let me know if I’m crossing over into your guide territory again, Frits.

Sounds great πŸ™‚

H-man
    Participant

Sweet release 8) thanks Frits.

Lovin the changes here….

MelodyMan
    Participant

I’m not that technically gifted as you guys, but all i can say is that i have almost forgotten about Tracktion. And that is saying something!

Malcolm Jacobson
    Participant

Hi Frits,

@Zynewave wrote:

• Bounce enabling a track will create a dedicated bounce track in the effect chain, instead of enabling bounce mode on an existing effect track. The bounce track will show up with a “Bounce” button in the chain, which can be clicked to open the bounce menu. The bounce extraction point can be set by dragging the bounce track up or down in the chain.

Just got a chance to try the new bounce behaviour and I have to say it’s a joy to work with. Such an improvement since I made my “How to Bounce” video! 8)

I really love the fact that you can choose to record live audio and/or the MIDI input when working with VSTi’s now.

The only thing I still find confusing is the behaviour after bounce. If I enable Realtime Bounce (my preferred bounce method when jamming with VSTi’s) then enter Record, the audio file is displayed while recording – but disappears when I press Stop. I think this is very confusing behaviour, and the first couple of times I tried it I thought I had done something wrong. It took me a few goes before I found out I had to enable the playback of bounced audio after recording in order to view/listen to the bounced track.

Could this behaviour be changed (even if it’s something that can be enabled by preference) so that the audio is displayed and plays back automatically after creating a bounced recording?

Cheers,

Malcolm.

siegfried
    Participant

Awesome update! Thanks! I really like new mixer minimizing…!!!

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Malcolm Jacobson wrote:

The only thing I still find confusing is the behaviour after bounce. If I enable Realtime Bounce (my preferred bounce method when jamming with VSTi’s) then enter Record, the audio file is displayed while recording – but disappears when I press Stop. I think this is very confusing behaviour, and the first couple of times I tried it I thought I had done something wrong. It took me a few goes before I found out I had to enable the playback of bounced audio after recording in order to view/listen to the bounced track.

Could this behaviour be changed (even if it’s something that can be enabled by preference) so that the audio is displayed and plays back automatically after creating a bounced recording?

I’m not sure what the best solution is to this. Suppose you have disabled the “deactivate record mode when playback is stopped” option: When you stop playback (with record mode still enabled), should the bounce record mode stay activated in case you want to continue recording, or should it switch to bounce playback?

Or should it be the deactivation of the transport toolbar record button that switches to bounce playback? And what if you switched record mode on/off without recording anything?

Suggestions anyone?

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Sorry, no suggestion at the moment, just a quick bug report: If you minimize Podium while plug-in editor windows are open, their selector buttons reset to ‘not open’ state when you restore Podium.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • The topic ‘2.36’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave