Topic: 51 ZPEQ presets (Now ready for download)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
    Conquistador
    Participant

Hi guys…

I been thinking about doing this for sometime now but finally finished it today. 8) I created 51 ZPEQ presets that I would like to share with the rest of you. Your feedback should be very interesting. 8)

I must stress that the 51 presets are just starting points so tweak to taste but consider them 51 starting points πŸ˜†

Frits, I have saved all 51 presets as Library presets and exported them as separate fxb’s. How can I save them so that they all appear in the preset panel when I insert the ZPEQ into a track?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Sounds great πŸ™‚

Currently zPEQ only supports 1 program, but if people find these presets useful we could consider extending the zPEQ bank to maybe 64 programs, and put these presets in as defaults? This would be the easiest way for new users to ‘stumble upon’ the presets. Otherwise we would need to create a device definition file with the library presets included, but I don’t think many users want to bother with definition files.

Podianer
    Participant

Good idea!

Conquistador
    Participant

Thanks for the comments guys! πŸ™‚

Currently zPEQ only supports 1 program, but if people find these presets useful we could consider extending the zPEQ bank to maybe 64 programs, and put these presets in as defaults?

I think this would be a very good idea as even plugins like the classic Kjearhus plugins all show their presets in the preset panel. It will not look good if Podiums own EQ plug cannot show all 51 presets in the Preset Panel at least, so yes please, I think your suggestion is a very good one, it’s probably essential.

Just tapping through each of the 51 presets all fully loaded is far quicker and enjoyable than loading each one. That would be 51 preset loads. Not great.

Anyway that people can simply plug and play with the ZPEQ adds to the ease of use of Podium. Extending the bank capacity to 64 should be fine it will certainly hold the 51 presets. 8)

Yes please use them as defaults if you wish, it can only help people get settled in quicker with Podium 8)

I just want to get these presets out to you guys so I can hear what you think of them!

I just need to zip up the FXB files now and set up a download link. πŸ˜‰

Conquistador
    Participant

Frits I need some help here please πŸ™

For some reason the presets are not loading properly in new or existing projects. Bands are being disabled and the plugins just will not load during play back then will suddenly start loading.

They seem Ok in my original project but the preset recall in Podium at the moment is very messy in 1.68 or I am doing something really bad.

I have checked all the presets and saved them all…what am I doing wrong? The presets are on their way to you.

Thanks!

Zynewave
    Keymaster

Frits I need some help here please

I’ll take a look at them tomorrow.

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Frits I need some help here please

I’ll take a look at them tomorrow.

Cheers! 8)

Conquistador
    Participant

I sent over the project earlier today, that was used when the presets were created. Did this help at all?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

I’m currently looking at it.

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

I’m currently looking at it.

Ok thanks πŸ˜‰

Zynewave
    Keymaster

It seems as though the fxp files are not saved correctly. They seem random compared to the presets in your project file. Just for clarification, can you describe how you exported the fxp files?

Is it correct that all 51 presets only use one band, and most use a ~3.0 dB gain value?

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

It seems as though the fxp files are not saved correctly. They seem random compared to the presets in your project file. Just for clarification, can you describe how you exported the fxp files?

Is it correct that all 51 presets only use one band, and most use a ~3.0 dB gain value?

Yes all 51 presets use just one band and depending on the desired result have a 3db boost or cut.

I wanted to make sure the changes were not too drastic. I think any more than 3db of boost should be left to the user to add themselves.

I thought the project might help. What happens next?

Podianer
    Participant

Some presets for general purpose would be fine. Such as Drums-Group, Vocals with attentuation, some guitar presets, bass etc. Simply as starting points of course!

Zynewave
    Keymaster

The project helped, and it seems to be ok. The problem is with the fxp files you emailed me. Can you describe how you created them?

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

The project helped, and it seems to be ok. The problem is with the fxp files you emailed me. Can you describe how you created them?

Ok…

I created them as Library presets.

First I switched off all the bands on the ZPEQ. Then made my adjustments and right clicked on the preset entry in the preset panel to export and save.

I think I later went through all 51 to store them within the Library preset (Store current setting to Library preset) as I thought this may have caused problems with the first FXB zip bundle I sent over to you.

That is it really. Would simply exporting the current presets in the project I sent you, provide useable FXB’s now?

I ask this because I tried it and only the first 5 – 10 worked when loading them into a new project. Please try this.

Let me know what else I can do to help thanks. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Β© 2021 Zynewave