Topic: 1.94

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster

@acousmod wrote:

OK, it works.

BUT : please, can you allow this to work like before ?
    It was one of the things that was nice in Podium and didn’t need convoluted actions to work.

I don’t know what is the technical point behind this change, but for me it is out of logic if we can have a pluging inserted on an audio track and can automate its parameters by drawing an enveloppe, but need to create a sub track and put the audio files on it if we want to record the enveloppe with the GUI.

This change was made in release 1.79 (7 months ago):

Sound events placed on record enabled tracks are muted during recording. Previous behaviour was that old recording would play while being overwritten by the new recording.

I may be able to come up with a more intelligent behaviour, but for now you have to place an effect plugin on it’s own track to record automation via the plugin editor UI. The next couple of releases will introduce more improvements to the track organization, which will make this an easier task.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@sam c wrote:

I notice when I minimize my audio tracks my mixer view follows. Is this right?

Collapsing or hiding group tracks still affects the tracks shown in the mixer. The individual track minimize option (shortcut H) no longer hides the mixer strip. This is now a separate option on the mixer strips (shortcut Shift+H).

Are the fonts optional?

Not sure what you mean here. The font used in the Podium UI is the same font as you select for your Windows theme/appearance (display properties).

sam c
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Are the fonts optional?

Not sure what you mean here. The font used in the Podium UI is the same font as you select for your Windows theme/appearance (display properties).

sorry, your new BSMR. i kinda like the lower profile script. no big deal, just wondering?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@sam c wrote:

sorry, your new BSMR. i kinda like the lower profile script. no big deal, just wondering?

Sorry, you can’t change the font for those. They are based on bitmaps. I first tried using the standard font, but it just didn’t look good.

acousmod
    Participant

This change was made in release 1.79 (7 months ago):

My last project had all its processings made outside of Podium, so I’ve discovered the change recently.
    No chance, my current one needs a lot of plugin automations 🙁

I may be able to come up with a more intelligent behaviour, but for now you have to place an effect plugin on it’s own track to record automation via the plugin editor UI. The next couple of releases will introduce more improvements to the track organization, which will make this an easier task.

I really hope that it will be as simple and efficient than before 1.79 😉
    Thanks.

Conquistador
    Participant

Some feedback…

I am going to break this up into two parts otherwise it will be a very long post. 🙂

Part 1

@Zynewave wrote:

• Redesigned the UI for the track inspector and the split bar to the right of the inspector. The inspector now has a title bar with a view menu button and a minimize button. Double-clicking the title bar also minimizes the inspector.

This is a much cleaner look. Very nice. That double click trick is nice and quick.

• Added “master chain”, “gain”, “pan” and “send” options to the inspector view menu. These options control what is shown in the group panel.
  • This makes the group panel much more flexible IMO. It’s much easier now to get it to show the information I want at any given time.

• Added “tracks region properties” shortcut to the inspector view menu.
  • I very rarely looked at that option but adding it to the Inspector is a very good idea. It elevates the Group Panel further into “central point” status for Track management with the placement of that option. Time saver.

• Added bounce buttons to the group panel.
  • Great. I use bounce tracks a lot so this is a big deal for me.

• Moving the mouse in the group panel will highlight the clickable control under the mouse.
  • Nice touch. This now provides a nice graphical indicator as to what is active.

• Device mappings can be assigned directly from a popup menu in the group panel.
  • Maybe the biggest addition to the group panel yet IMO. Fantastic. I think even now there is very little that cannot be done in the group panel. It’s now a really great place to manage tracks!
    Your really on to something unique here Fritz with the group panel.

Suggestion: If you left click (in the Group Panel) you can choose plugs (FX/e.t.c) to add to a track and right clicking brings up related track options…now while the panels below do have a pop up explaining how to navigate them, the Group panel (especially considering it’s new “track central” status) does not have a pop up appear when the mouse cursor hovers over the Group panel Header. Small but important. There is no indicator at all to tell the user what left or right clicking will do.

• Redesigned the BSMR buttons.
  • Finally yes! I much prefer the new buttons.

• Updated all toolbar indicator fields with new fonts and graphics.
  • A small change but I really like the new look.

• The play cursor indicator in the transport toolbar now shows both clock and bar/beat time. The font will scale to the configured toolbar height.
  • The additional info or slightly more detailed info makes it far more useful to me. Love it.

• Added “center align” toolbar element.
  • Lost me totally here. What or where do I find this please?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Conquistador wrote:

[*]Added “center align” toolbar element.

Lost me totally here. What or where do I find this please?

It’s a list element you can insert in the toolbar region properties dialog. The new big transport profile uses it to center the transport toolbar rather than the default left alignment.

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

@Conquistador wrote:

[*]Added “center align” toolbar element.

Lost me totally here. What or where do I find this please?

It’s a list element you can insert in the toolbar region properties dialog. The new big transport profile uses it to center the transport toolbar rather than the default left alignment.

Ok thanks. 😉

Part 2…tomorrow… 🙂

acousmod
    Participant

Quote:
    [*]Device mappings can be assigned directly from a popup menu in the group panel.
    Maybe the biggest addition to the group panel yet IMO. Fantastic.

I don’t see where or what is this.
    Can you explain please ?

Slomo
    Participant

Very nice update.

Just wondering if it’s possible to have a “minimize” on the “Inspector” window. it turns out to be quite long when browsing the presets list (ahem, for me anyway).

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@acousmod wrote:

Quote:
    [*]Device mappings can be assigned directly from a popup menu in the group panel.

Can you explain please ?

It’s only available on tracks with the “use name of object…” option enabled in the track properties.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Slomo wrote:

Just wondering if it’s possible to have a “minimize” on the “Inspector” window. it turns out to be quite long when browsing the presets list (ahem, for me anyway).

You mean a minimize for the group panel inside the inspector? The inspector view menu has an option for hiding the group panel.

Slomo
    Participant

Found it! Untick “Show Group Panel”.

Thanks!

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

@acousmod wrote:

Quote:

Can you explain please ?

It’s only available on tracks with the “use name of object…” option enabled in the track properties.

If I may ask…why is there a link between how a track is named and having an option to select Device Mappings from within the Group Panel?

There is a very good chance I may not neccessarily always want to use the “Use name of object assigned to track” option.

Why connect the naming process of a track to the accesibility of something like Device mappings within the Group Panel? I would not want to lose access to Group Panel device mapping inserts if I do not enable the “Use name of object assigned to track” option.

This seems like a strange connection to me. Can you clarify please Frits, maybe I am missing something here. 🙂

Cheers.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

If I may ask…why is there a link between how a track is named and having an option to select Device Mappings from within the Group Panel?

It was mainly an attempt to reduce the size of the panel. If the map selection should appear on all tracks, then tracks where you don’t intend to assign mappings (e.g. master fader and group tracks) would have an unneded blank line for the mapping.

But as I replied earlier in this topic, I’m still revising the group panel functionality for the coming 1.95 release.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • The topic ‘1.94’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave