Topic: 1.94

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
    Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

If I may ask…why is there a link between how a track is named and having an option to select Device Mappings from within the Group Panel?

It was mainly an attempt to reduce the size of the panel. If the map selection should appear on all tracks, then tracks where you don’t intend to assign mappings (e.g. master fader and group tracks) would have an unneded blank line for the mapping.

But as I replied earlier in this topic, I’m still revising the group panel functionality for the coming 1.95 release.

Ok cool. It just seemed strange at first but thanks for explaining. πŸ˜‰

Part 2

Added “undo menu” and “redo menu” toolbar elements. The default setup has been modified to use the new menu buttons. The menus show each undo and redo edit with the time elapsed since the edit was made. The menus can be opened with Alt+Z and Alt+Y.

I really like the idea. I think simply left clicking on the undo button is a far quicker way to bring up the undo history. I suppose for anyone using keyboard shortcuts that may be a quicker solution for them.

The file, edit, view, setup and quantize toolbar menus can be opened with the key shortcuts Alt+F, Alt+E, Alt+V, Alt+S and Alt+T.

Not a keyboard shortcut fan πŸ˜†

Added “Arrangement – Big Transport” editor profile to the default setup.

It was fun finally seeing this thing on my own system. Really nice idea this.

Modified the coloring of various button and background images to enhance visibility on darker color schemes.

I initially thought this included the Piano roll which will change colour (white keys as well) based on whatever colours are used in certain parts of Podium. Not good.

Added new “Nightfall” color scheme.

Great but see above. Darker colour schemes are not really useful IMO if you do a lot of work in the Piano roll view.

The old “enable audio mixing” option in the track properties dialog has been replaced with separate options for enabling gain and pan controls. Tracks with audio mappings assigned will now only show the gain/pan controls if enabled in the track properties.

I like this idea. I do not really pan FX tracks but sometimes like to have a gain control at least on an FX track.

The track minimize state no longer controls the mixer strip. Instead there is a new “Hide Mixer Strip” option in the mixer strip/header context menu. Shortcut is Shift+H.

More flexibility. Thanks.

Audio tracks no longer inherit the record mode of parent tracks. This change is made to allow automation recording on an effect plugin track without affecting playback of audio child tracks.

Very useful.

All in all a great update Frits! πŸ™‚

xis23
    Participant

@Conquistador wrote:

I initially thought this included the Piano roll which will change colour (white keys as well) based on whatever colours are used in certain parts of Podium. Not good.

something like an opacity option for ‘piano roll opacity’, like the one that exists for ‘track color opacity’ would remedy this nicely me thinks . πŸ’‘

Jaegerteam
    Participant

the new Big Transport I like very well but the the BSMR buttons
    appear a little bit to massive for me, especially if the colour of the characters is black (=activated) and not grey (=inactive).

would it be possible to choose a less fat font or a different colour than black?

Klemperer
    Participant

due to an ongoing problem of my provider I couldn’t connect to the internet and found this huge update late, but here it is. (and whereas AOL let the 1.93 update-notification go through, was the first time I got one, now it is not even in the spam folder again, well, however).

I really like the adding of new skinds, and even if piano-roll-editing is a bit difficult, the new one looks very very nice :). Just printed out conquistador’s very much (even for newer users like me) appreciated comments, and will look into the new things myself. Thanks!

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@xis23 wrote:

@Conquistador wrote:

something like an opacity option for ‘piano roll opacity’, like the one that exists for ‘track color opacity’ would remedy this nicely me thinks . πŸ’‘

I’ve added a “black/white key intensity” percentage setting to the piano roll properties dialog. Setting it to 100% will paint solid black/white keys. Setting it to 0% will paint with the colors of the current version.

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

@xis23 wrote:

@Conquistador wrote:

I’ve added a “black/white key intensity” percentage setting to the piano roll properties dialog. Setting it to 100% will paint solid black/white keys. Setting it to 0% will paint with the colors of the current version.

Much better. Thanks for the quick change Frits πŸ™‚

@ xis23: How about that for support? πŸ™‚

@Klemperer wrote:

Just printed out conquistador’s very much (even for newer users like me) appreciated comments, and will look into the new things myself. Thanks!

Gulp! πŸ™‚ If my words are being printed I really need to watch what I say πŸ˜† It’s nice to read my comments are of some assistance. I just need to work on the length of my posts he hee. πŸ™‚

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Jaegerteam wrote:

appear a little bit to massive for me, especially if the colour of the characters is black (=activated) and not grey (=inactive).

would it be possible to choose a less fat font or a different colour than black?

It’s not possible currently. Some time in the future I may open up for skinning the button images.

xis23
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

@xis23 wrote:

@Conquistador wrote:

nice work :)… when that is done i can finally unleash my purple and green colour scheme on the world muhahaha :twisted:. I managed to still make it quite easy on the eye though.

Jaegerteam
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

@Jaegerteam wrote:

It’s not possible currently. Some time in the future I may open up for skinning the button images.

thanks πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • The topic ‘1.94’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave