Topic: 1.98

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • The menus have been rearranged. The top line of the window now has buttons for the global Project, Setup and Help menus. The editors have buttons for File, Edit and View menus.
    • Replaced the old mixer View and Rows menu buttons with a menu button at the top left corner of the mixer.
    • Lowered the minimum height limit for the toolbars. The toolbar controls have been redesigned to scale according to the toolbar height.
    • Using the mousewheel while holding the control key over an editor toolbar will resize the toolbar.
    • The “save project as template” command shows a dialog where the name of the template can be entered.
    • Added “delete project template” submenu to the project menu.
    • When a new project has been created using the project start page a message box appears asking if you want to save the project as a template for future new projects. Finally the “new arrangement properties” dialog now automatically pops up as the final step in the project creation.
    • The project creation date and time is added as the first line in the stickie note of new projects.
    • The power button in the transport toolbar will pulsate when not activated.
    • The buttons in the velocity region of piano roll and drum map editors will align horizontally or vertically depending on the dragged region size.
    • Added a channel select button to the channel headers in the sound editor. This button replaces the previous behaviour where clicking anywhere on the channel header would toggle the channel. Shift+clicking the button will select the channel and deselect all other channels.
    • Added “pop up project stickie note after loading project” and “activate power when opening arrangement editor” options to the preferences dialog. These options are on by default.
    • Added “timeline fill”, “timeline text”, “plugin editor”, “bounce” and “solo” settings to the colors setup dialog. The default setup is now using a darker shade for the timeline area.
    • The default setup has been updated with various changes to the editor profiles including a slimmer edit toolbar layout. The default color theme has also been updated.
    • Updated the design of the splash screen and the icons for the Podium application and .pod documents. Included hires 256×256 Windows Vista images in the icons.
    • Fix: zPitch muted its output when changing between mono/stereo/surround IO mappings.
    Zynewave
    Keymaster

Note: If you plan to go back to a previous Podium release, please save a backup of your Podium.ini file before running this release. The changes to the toolbars in this release will modify the Podium.ini file and this will not show up correctly in older Podium releases.

acousmod
    Participant

Added a channel select button to the channel headers in the sound editor. This button replaces the previous behaviour where clicking anywhere on the channel header would toggle the channel. Shift+clicking the button will select the channel and deselect all other channels.

Nice.
    (Reminder : it would be nice to be able to mute the channels that are not selected)

The menus have been rearranged. The top line of the window now has buttons for the global Project, Setup and Help menus. The editors have buttons for File, Edit and View menus.

Very logic and more obvious to use than the previous menu button
    (but I always find strange to have the Inspector tab at this level, at the left side of the global menus since it belongs to the arrangement window. I really prefered the old place of the Inspector panel and button and the main buttons staying in place instead of jumping, but it is another question…).

Using the mousewheel while holding the control key over an editor toolbar will resize the toolbar.

Cool 😉

sam c
    Participant

I like the new logo.

This is a nice update for the UI. Very clean and well organized.

Podianer
    Participant

@sam c wrote:

I like the new logo.

This is a nice update for the UI. Very clean and well organized.

+1!

Nice update! Thanks Frits!

rinxai
    Participant

Superb update. Thanks.
    8)

Zynewave
    Keymaster

The 1.98 demo is now available. I’ve changed the demo version so that it now can be installed together with the full version. It’s installed in its own “program files/Zynewave/Podium Demo” folder and the setup folder is also separate from the full version.

Note that the two installers still share the “Documents/Zynewave Podium Projects” folder, so uninstalling the demo will remove the example projects and the .pod file association, even if the full version is still installed. In this case just reinstall the full version to recover the files.

Reject
    Participant

FYI: the bottom-right midi-in indicator gets moved “off-screen” when you open the Track Inspector.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Reject wrote:

FYI: the bottom-right midi-in indicator gets moved “off-screen” when you open the Track Inspector.

Try reducing the size of the toolbar so that all the toolbar elements fit on your screen. Place the mouse over the toolbar, hold the control key and use the mouse wheel to adjust the size.

Reject
    Participant

Er…right, sorry, that does work 😀 Didnt mean to take up a post with such a silly issue, but thanks!

Conquistador
    Participant

@rinxai wrote:

Superb update. Thanks.
    8)

Yes a great effort, thanks Frits. 8)

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Well done! I’m especially pleased by the timeline fill setting! 🙂

Here’s a minor bug (?) I found:

Looks like there’s something wrong with the area surrounding event’s names on record-enabled tracks. I guess it has to do with some luminance offset.

acousmod
    Participant

Added a channel select button to the channel headers in the sound editor. This button replaces the previous behaviour where clicking anywhere on the channel header would toggle the channel. Shift+clicking the button will select the channel and deselect all other channels.

Nice.

Yes, it is visually nice…, but now I have to click precisely on the button instead of the whole space, so, alas, it is not as easy and fast to use as before during editing. 🙁
    I suppose of course that it is too late to undo this inverted improvement ?
    Perhaps can you keep the buttons but allow to click in the whole area like before ?

francois
    Participant

Hi Frits , i have a strange behaviour of the sound editor , if i select a zone ,ok , then i want to select another zone , it does , but the background colour of the first one remain…
    Regarding the audio files and folders , when i relink the file , it does not reappear in my arrangement i have to reimport them manually from the List panel.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

Here’s a minor bug (?) I found:

Looks like there’s something wrong with the area surrounding event’s names on record-enabled tracks. I guess it has to do with some luminance offset.

I checked the code, and I think this is how it has always behaved. I agree that it could be made to look nicer, but I will save that for a rainy day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • The topic ‘1.98’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave