Topic: 1.98

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster

@acousmod wrote:

Added a channel select button to the channel headers in the sound editor. This button replaces the previous behaviour where clicking anywhere on the channel header would toggle the channel. Shift+clicking the button will select the channel and deselect all other channels.

Nice.

Yes, it is visually nice…, but now I have to click precisely on the button instead of the whole space, so, alas, it is not as easy and fast to use as before during editing. 🙁
    I suppose of course that it is too late to undo this inverted improvement ?
    Perhaps can you keep the buttons but allow to click in the whole area like before ?

Would it be sufficient if I added a “Select Channel” command to the right click context menu? This will be available also when right-clicking the wave area.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@francois wrote:

Hi Frits , i have a strange behaviour of the sound editor , if i select a zone ,ok , then i want to select another zone , it does , but the background colour of the first one remain…
    Regarding the audio files and folders , when i relink the file , it does not reappear in my arrangement i have to reimport them manually from the List panel.

Hi Francois,

I failed to reproduce the problems you described. When you say “select zone” do you mean a segment selection or a channel selection? Maybe if you can email me a screenshot of the problem I can better understand what you mean.

acousmod
    Participant

Would it be sufficient if I added a “Select Channel” command to the right click context menu? This will be available also when right-clicking the wave area.

Hmmm, I don’t know if I understand.

What I was saying is that it was really perfect before, it was easy and fast to select/unselect channels while remaining concentrate on the editing task.
    The buttons make only the thing a little bit nicer but slower because we have to click precisely on it instead of the whole area before.
    It is not a serious problem of course, just a little shame for me if visual design makes things less straightforward. And it is of course a small detail compared to other aspects in Podium.

I have nothing against a right-click option in addition to it, but I simply don’t see the point.

francois
    Participant

I made a little screen capture .avi format of the problem, can i post it here or i have to send you by email?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@francois wrote:

I made a little screen capture .avi format of the problem, can i post it here or i have to send you by email?

Just send it to me by email.

z_sfyr
    Participant

Hi. The cursor position used to display a mm:ss reading at the top of the screen, which I found really useful and referred to constantly. This appears to have been replaced with a % value relative to to event ends. Is the time option still available in preferences etc? Is it possible to make it an option?

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@psych.e.sonic wrote:

Hi. The cursor position used to display a mm:ss reading at the top of the screen, which I found really useful and referred to constantly. This appears to have been replaced with a % value relative to to event ends. Is the time option still available in preferences etc? Is it possible to make it an option?

The second line is removed with the new slimmer default toolbar height. If you increase the edit toolbar height the second line will eventually appear.

Conquistador
    Participant

Hi Frits,

I am having some stability and reliability issues with 1.98…

A. Crash when using the “Move Effect Track” command.

Steps…

1.Insert at least three FX on any track, even Zynewave FX

2. Use the move command a few times at least but during playback.

On my system here (with a project using about 50% – 60% CPU) it would consistently crash Podium. The whole screen would lock up and even getting the task manager to come up which thankfully is far more aggressive on Vista than on XP, at times would struggle to start up. Once it did I could end Podiums process.

B. Deleting tracks and strange behavior.
    If you have an instrument mapping on track it appears you cannot delete the track. Certainly I cannot use the Delete Track command it just does not work but the Eraser tool works.

Also every so often a parameter track gets created randomly when trying to delete a track. Strange. Cannot delete those either unless with the Erase tool.

C. Dragging mappings within a track panel will create a copy. Unless I missed the implementation of drag and drop support within a track panel (in compact mode), I will have to assume this behavior is not as intended?

Track Layout Mode used to replicate all three issues: Compact

Can you repro these issues Frits?

Cheers.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Conquistador wrote:

I managed to reproduce a crash. I’ll look into this.

If you have an instrument mapping on track it appears you cannot delete the track. Certainly I cannot use the Delete Track command it just does not work but the Eraser tool works.

I can’t reproduce this. I have no problems deleting a track with an instrument on it. Please give more details.

C. Dragging mappings within a track panel will create a copy. Unless I missed the implementation of drag and drop support within a track panel (in compact mode), I will have to assume this behavior is not as intended?

Support for drag-reordering tracks within a group panel is not yet implemented.

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

@Conquistador wrote:

I managed to reproduce a crash. I’ll look into this.

Thanks for your help.

FWIW I had another crash yesterday that made my screen go black while totally locking up the whole OS. I have not seen any app do that on Vista.

Inserting instruments or FX during playback can at times also bring Podium down….that has been a intermittent problem but at times if you are about 50% or more CPU wise into a project inserting FX or Instruments during playback can cause problems for Podiums Audio engine at times….certainly based on my experience.

Podiums Audio engine does seem a bit fragile during realtime operations.

If you have an instrument mapping on track it appears you cannot delete the track. Certainly I cannot use the Delete Track command it just does not work but the Eraser tool works..

I can’t reproduce this. I have no problems deleting a track with an instrument on it. Please give more details.

I am struggling to repro this one. Once I can catch it, I will send over the offending project so that you too can repro the problem easily.

]C. Dragging mappings within a track panel will create a copy. Unless I missed the implementation of drag and drop support within a track panel (in compact mode), I will have to assume this behavior is not as intended?

Support for drag-reordering tracks within a group panel is not yet implemented.

That is what I thought. It is a bit weird as it duplicates a mapping once it is dragged but if it is not supposed to do that then it is probably best if the behavior is changed as it clearly is buggy. It might even be causing problems elsewhere. 😐

Mike G
    Participant

Hi,

I too am getting some issues with v 1.98 (I don’t think I ever got this in previous versions)

The issue is that podium pegs cpu usage (as seen from Task mgr) at 50% (i.e. 100% of one of my cores) so I have to end task podium and lose my work.
    I’ve had it happen a few times on the run now and never had it happen before v 1.98.
    But… I haven’t yet found out exactly what I was doing in UI that made it break because I can’t consistently repeat it. As far as I can remember it happens when I am dragging tracks around while Podium is running.

Is there anything else I can do to help you identify this?

Ohh yes, I’m running vista and a dual core dell precision laptop, plugins present in the project were…
    zReverb, zPEQ, DSK Mini DrumZ, DSK Harmonia, Kjaerhus Audio classic flanger, Voxego SPAN, Martin Eastwood Compressive CM, Linplug Alpha 3, Lallapllooza lite v2.

Thanks,
    Mike G

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Mike G wrote:

But… I haven’t yet found out exactly what I was doing in UI that made it break because I can’t consistently repeat it. As far as I can remember it happens when I am dragging tracks around while Podium is running.

This is most likely the same problem that Conquistador reported. When I have this fixed (hopefully in 1.99), please report back if you still have problems.

francois
    Participant

For me 1.98 works fine with windows XP 32bits , except the graphic problem observed with xp64

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

This is most likely the same problem that Conquistador reported. When I have this fixed (hopefully in 1.99), please report back if you still have problems.

“hopefully in 1.99” 🙂

It is always best to never make hard promises but I think I would rather have 1.99 delayed as long as necessary to address the playback / audio engine crash issues. If 1.99 is released without those fixes it would be at least another 4 – 8 weeks for a 2.00 fix. That would be a very long and highly unusual time frame for a fix, especially based on past responses to fixes and also considering your existing time constraints with Nucleum already and a likely 2nd Sythmaker plug (drum sampler) to follow that.

I appreciate you might want to get 1.99 out soon but getting it out properly is also no doubt a very high priority for you. It certainly is for me. Please as usual take as long as you need to address any fixes. Reliability is one of Podiums major key selling points and IMO must be preserved as much as possible.

On another note…
    Hopefully this automation issue (acousmods quote)…

“Draw a volume enveloppe or a plugin automation, mute the track during playing, unmute it : all the enveloppes are ignored…
    You have to stop and restart playing”

…has been addressed already in 1.99. It is quite a long standing issue but you thought (after some investigation and reflection) might require a minor audio engine adjustment ” a few days work”. If it has not yet been addressed please consider this a gentle reminder for 1.99. 🙂

Thanks!

sam c
    Participant

@Conquistador wrote:

“hopefully in 1.99” 🙂

It is always best to never make hard promises but I think I would rather have 1.99 delayed as long as necessary to address the playback / audio engine crash issues. If 1.99 is released without those fixes it would be at least another 4 – 8 weeks for a 2.00 fix. That would be a very long and highly unusual time frame for a fix, especially based on past responses to fixes and also considering your existing time constraints with Nucleum already and a likely 2nd Sythmaker plug (drum sampler) to follow that.

I appreciate you might want to get 1.99 out soon but getting it out properly is also no doubt a very high priority for you. It certainly is for me. Please as usual take as long as you need to address any fixes. Reliability is one of Podiums major key selling points and IMO must be preserved as much as possible.

i believe it is critical not to release with this problem. honestly, waiting another 8 weeks for the correction seems bad.

i know it is probably time consuming but why not correct significant problems right away……..not waiting for another release?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • The topic ‘1.98’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave