Topic: 1.98

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster

@francois wrote:

Hi Frits , i have a strange behaviour of the sound editor , if i select a zone ,ok , then i want to select another zone , it does , but the background colour of the first one remain…

Thanks for the .avi you sent me. I have now fixed this bug. It happens with mono files. The bug was caused by the change to the new channel select buttons.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Conquistador wrote:

I am having some stability and reliability issues with 1.98…

A. Crash when using the “Move Effect Track” command.

Steps…

1.Insert at least three FX on any track, even Zynewave FX

2. Use the move command a few times at least but during playback.

I think I’ve nailed this bug now. Luckily it turned out to be a simple thing to fix. It happens only when using plugin multiprocessing. If you have the time, you could try disabling the multiprocessing option in the preferences, and check if this eliminates the freezes.

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

I think I’ve nailed this bug now. Luckily it turned out to be a simple thing to fix. It happens only when using plugin multiprocessing. If you have the time, you could try disabling the multiprocessing option in the preferences, and check if this eliminates the freezes.

Interesting link to multiprocessing. Yes no problem I will try disabling the MP feature and see if it solves the freezes.

Thanks for having a look at it.

Conquistador
    Participant

Ok…

I did disable multiprocessing and I could not crash Podium at all. I think you have cracked it Frits! 🙂

It was a bit odd at first as the project that I was working on was pushing 50% on a quad so disabling multiprocessing meant the CPU meter went crazy 😛

So I cut the project down to a size that would need about 50% from a single processor. So the test was done on a similar CPU level as the original project.

I repeatedly used the “Move Effect Track” command and simply could not crash Podium. I even moved the tracks around consistently (with the move effect track command) during playback but beyond what would be considered normal usage just to make sure I could not crash Podium this way.

Still no crash. So it looks like your guess was spot on! 🙂

Once 1.99 is out I will check again and let you know if the problem is still there. Clearly Mulitiprocessing seems to set it off.

Thankfully though, judging by your comment earlier, you have found a fix. I would certainly not want to imagine having to avoid using multiprocessing on a quad. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • The topic ‘1.98’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave