Topic: 2.23

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
    Zynewave
    Keymaster
    • Introduced a new track chain panel for managing effects, instruments, busses and inputs. This panel is incorporated into both the track inspector, track lane headers and mixer strips. Popup help is available for the controls in the panel. The chain panel allows rearranging effects by dragging up/down.
    • The mixer has been extensively redesigned. In addition to the new chain panel, there are changes to the mixer options menu and the mixer region dialog.
    • Changed the design of track lane headers so that they match the hierarchy visualization used in the mixer. Changed many of the options in the tracks region dialog, including new options for showing/hiding elements in the new chain panel.
    • Added a new “slider with value popup” control type. This is now used as the default control type used in the Podium default setup. It can be selected individually in the track inspector options menu, the tracks region dialog and the mixer region dialog.
    • Renamed the track inspector “Group Panel” to “Rack”. Added a “Lists” button for toggling display of the object assignment list panels.
    • Removed the automation record option from individual effect plugin tracks. Arming record on the source track will automatically enable automation recording on all effect plugins on the track. When you want to record effect automation on an audio track, unassign the audio input to avoid recording over the exisiting audio.
    • Added “rack/header/strip opacity” and “lane background opacity” settings to the Colors dialog. Removed the obsolete “bounce track luminance” option.
    • All menu buttons can be both left-clicked and right-clicked.
    • Toned down the shadow effect on buttons.
    • Improved stability of plugin multiprocessing.
    • Fix: Changing parameters in a plugin editor would not always mark the project as being edited.
    Zynewave
    Keymaster

Sorry about the rather undetailed release notes. Podium 2.23 is a huge update of the UI, and somewhere along the way I gave up on keeping a detailed record of every single change. Let me know if I forgot to include something important in the release notes.

Conquistador
    Participant

@Zynewave wrote:

Sorry about the rather undetailed release notes. Podium 2.23 is a huge update of the UI, and somewhere along the way I gave up on keeping a detailed record of every single change. Let me know if I forgot to include something important in the release notes.

I doubt anyone here would need an apology from you for the lack of detailed release notes πŸ™‚ Considering all the work you put into 2.23 I think we are quite happy with the summary as it is. Far more detail can be found by simply going through this thread for anyone who wants the finer details. πŸ˜‰

Well done! πŸ™‚

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Everyone rejoice! Welcome our new King PΓΈdium II.XXIII. (or something like that)!
    …Off to download. πŸ™‚

sam c
    Participant

Fantastic update Frits!

MelodyMan
    Participant

I love this update. I can’t take my eyes of it anymore πŸ˜† . All i now need is the the possibility to apply an effect to a specific part of an audiofile and i would be 100% happy.

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

I’m very grateful for this update. My eyes bleed when I compare 2.22 with new 2.23 πŸ˜›

H-man
    Participant

Yes thanks Frits! Such an overhaul …it’s fantastic.

The embedded mixer was one of the things that drew me to Podium in the first place, and now, it’s been super-charged. 8)

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Alright, this time it’s related to 2.23, so I’ll put it here! πŸ™‚

Tiny selection frame bug:
    Select a track -> select an event on the timeline so the track becomes the inactive selection (you know what I mean…) -> switch to another profile -> select the track again. The selection frame color doesn’t update until you do some kind of refreshing action (scroll, etc.).

rinxai
    Participant

Fabulous overhaul. Thank you. πŸ˜€

swindus
    Participant

Looks really good. Thanks!

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Again, a minor bug: Use scroll-wheel while hovering over a slider for the value pop-up to become stuck until you move the mouse a little.

UncleAge
    Participant

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

Again, a minor bug: Use scroll-wheel while hovering over a slider for the value pop-up to become stuck until you move the mouse a little.

You are probably worth your weight in gold as an alpha/beta tester πŸ˜›

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Question, what does mean 5.0, 5.1 and 7.1 tags? I see them in zPEQ and zPitch

H-man
    Participant

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

Question, what does mean 5.0, 5.1 and 7.1 tags? I see them in zPEQ and zPitch

Surround sound? πŸ˜‰

Edit: Try this for an overview:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surround_sound

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • The topic ‘2.23’ is closed to new replies.
Β© 2021 Zynewave