Topic: 2.23

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
    thcilnnahoj
    Participant

I noticed I’m still having problems with waveforms not being displayed right after importing audio files. I don’t have a good way to reproduce it, but it seems to happen mostly with very short files when I’m zoomed out a bit.
    Also, when you change the sample rate in the sound properties, the waveform isn’t updated until you scroll, zoom, etc.

This seems to be a tiny bug as well: Sequences shorter than 4 beats are zoomed to the exact length of 4 beats in their respective editors when you use ‘Zoom Full Range’ or double-click the navigator.

Malcolm Jacobson
    Participant

Hi Frits,

The settings for effects loaded into the Busses are not being saved in 2.23. If you setup an effect, then save the Project and exit Podium, all effect settings are lost when you open the Project again.

I also noticed that the Presets for the effects are not being recognised by Podium when loaded into a Buss, but they are recognised if you load the same effect into a Track.

Cheers,

Malcolm.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

I have another bug, sorry 😳

This is a 100% crash too: Right click on any track header in arrangement view, select Template->Save track As Template and turn on “Copy track timeline event to template”. If the track have any clip, it will crash. You can do it with a track that doesn’t have any vst even.

Fixed. Thanks.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Malcolm Jacobson wrote:

Hi Frits,

The settings for effects loaded into the Busses are not being saved in 2.23. If you setup an effect, then save the Project and exit Podium, all effect settings are lost when you open the Project again.

I also noticed that the Presets for the effects are not being recognised by Podium when loaded into a Buss, but they are recognised if you load the same effect into a Track.

Cheers,

Malcolm.

😯 Now you are scaring me.

I just tested, and I don’t have the problems you describe. Presets for plugins in bus return chains and normal audio tracks are handled the same way. Could you please confirm that you have the problem with different plugins. If the problem is still there, send me the project file.

Malcolm Jacobson
    Participant

Hi Frits,

I have sent you a sample project file.

While making this file, I noticed that if I created a new Bus track and loaded an effect the Presets were recognised correctly, but they disappeared as soon as I assigned a source to the Bus Return. Assigning the source seems to be the trigger.

Cheers,

Malcolm.

Zynewave
    Keymaster

@Malcolm Jacobson wrote:

Hi Frits,

I have sent you a sample project file.

While making this file, I noticed that if I created a new Bus track and loaded an effect the Presets were recognised correctly, but they disappeared as soon as I assigned a source to the Bus Return. Assigning the source seems to be the trigger.

Cheers,

Malcolm.

I’ve tested your project, but I cannot detect problems with lost preset data. I may have misunderstood you: Perhaps you are talking about the preset list in the inspector? That list will always update to show presets for the current track/effect track. If you have an effect track selected, assigning a source will deselect the effect track and select the bottom source track. You need to use the select/check buttons in the inspector rack to select the effect you want to edit with the list panels.

If you truly have problems with lost preset data, then please give me detailed instructions on how to reproduce this.

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Frits, if you make a new program library preset in inspector and you assign a name (right click->properties), the name won’t be keeped.

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

As it seems Frits is concentrating on bug-fixing right now, I’ll have a try and put this one up again, as I think it went under in whatever thread it got posted originally:

Auto-assigned audio inputs will become mute as soon as there’s an effect track added, caused by the moved fader position in the chain…? If I move the fader down to the bottom track it works fine again.
    I don’t quite understand why this would disable the input, since I can move the fader wherever I want and still get a signal from a directly assigned input. In any case, I don’t think this is intentional.

Like I said, I’m not entirely sure it’s a bug, but “fixing” it would help me out a lot!

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

A few last things to throw on the pile to burn at year’s end… 😉

– Alt-B does not work on a track that hasn’t been bounce-enabled beforehand. It only recognizes ‘B’ in this key combination and starts rendering the whole track instead of only the punch range.

– Bouncing tracks that have no effects naturally leads to an empty track being created to hold the bounce event. However, this track is still labeled “Effect” (greyed out) in the mixer, even though “use name of device assigned to track” is automatically selected for bounce tracks in the track properties, and thus the track would actually be named “Bounce.”
    It’s a little weird like this – I can’t think of a reason the mixer/rack selectors shouldn’t use the track name setting… Are names on effect tracks even used anywhere at the moment (apart from unhidden effect tracks, which you said are on their way out)?
    A different suggestion, but perhaps conveying too much not-so-important information, would be to color tracks on which bouncing is set with the bounce color as well whenever bounce playback/recording is activated. :-k

– If you load a device setup from the project templates menu while you’re on the arrangement page, the arrangement is closed and you’re thrown back to the project page. The arrangement is still active (and maybe even playing) though – just the tab has disappeared.

– Is there a reason for the velocity buttons in note editor, point type buttons in curve editor and channel select buttons in sound editor to be aligned to the left instead of to the right?

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

Tiny aesthetics thing: If the track name is longer than the mixer strip is wide and it gets cut off, there is always still a little padding space on the left side, but not on the right.

ronin
    Participant

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

Tiny aesthetics thing: If the track name is longer than the mixer strip is wide and it gets cut off, there is always still a little padding space on the left side, but not on the right.

I hereby declare you Knight Bugalot for thousends of hunted and slayed bugs! You’ve been very brave to the podium empire, thiclnnahoj! Just wanted so say: thanks and happy new year to everyone! 🙂

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

I don’t know if this is a problem (i think that it’s), when you have focused any inspector tab or the browser Space Bar, for play/pause, don’t work.

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

“Sir Bugalot” has another fiendish bug’s head on his lance to serve as trophy on the walls of King Fixalot’s castle! 😆

There’s a selection/key focus problem concerning tempo and marker events.
    In this example GIF (245 KB) I try to select and delete a tempo event with the DEL key on the keyboard whilst different editors have focus.

– First with focus on the arrangement editor – works fine.
    – Then with focus on an “empty” embedded editor – here the tempo/marker event doesn’t become the active selection but still gets deleted, probably since there’s nothing else selected in the empty E.E..
    – Focus on the embedded editor – works fine as well.
    – And lastly, focus on the mixer. The event is not set as the active selection here either, and so it actually deletes the focus track in the mixer instead! :o)

UncleAge
    Participant

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

“Sir Bugalot” has another fiendish bug’s head on his lance to serve as trophy on the walls of King Fixalot’s castle! 😆

Too funny 🙂

btw, what do you use to make the gif’s ?

koalaboy
    Participant

I don’t know if it’s specific to this version, but I know there were a lot of GUI changes, so….

Could the ‘default height’ of a parameter automation track, perhaps be made a little smaller at the default zoom ?

It seems to take up almost twice as much space as it needs to (I know I can collapse the track it’s associated with, so they’re minimised) and the minimum height is the same, so it’s can’t be reduced.

Also, when a track is expanded in height, the selectors seem to pop-in in blocks… could they pop-in one at a time as the height allows ?

Otherwise, I’m loving the whole new GUI experience 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • The topic ‘2.23’ is closed to new replies.
© 2021 Zynewave